What is it?
The Hi-Def NES is a mod that allows NES systems to output high-definition resolutions via HDMI.
The quality blows away the older composite and RF connections. It really makes a huge difference on modern flatscreen TVs!
* Zero lag HDMI generated by your real NES - no frame buffer
* All signals, video and audio, are all digitally created therefore noise free. No analog conversion in the kit!
* Fits into top loading and front loading NES units, as well as AV Famicom's. More consoles are being tested, including the Sharp Titler.
* Automatic PAL/NTSC chipset detection.
* Three NTSC video modes: 480p, 720p, 1080p 60fps (NTSC CPU/PPU only)
* Three PAL video modes: 576p, 720p, 1080p 50fps (PAL CPU/PPU only)
* Four selectable palettes.
* Five scaling methods.
* Cropping on all four edges of the screen.
* Fully adjustable scanlines.
* Width adjustment to fine tune aspect ratio.
* The Hi-Def NES circuitry replaces the existing power with a more efficient design.
* Expansion audio is generated without the actual hardware in the cart, so if you have a rom with exp audio on your flash cart just turn on the option in the hi-def and it will work!
* Complete extended audio chip support: VRC6, VRC7, MMC5, N163, Sunsoft 5B and FDS.
* Realtime audio register viewer.
* Each audio channel is fully pannable.
* Countdown timer on the main menu that starts on powerup, for people timing speed runs.
* Reconfigurable hotkeys that can reset the system, overclock, underclock, and get into the menu.
* Software upgradable by using .nes file on flash cart or burned to EPROMs.
For even more info, check out our live demo.